Pembrokeshire Local Authority
Pembrokeshire Parent Partnership Service
Pembrokeshire Parent Partnership Service is here to help parent carers of children with Additional Learning Needs by providing information, advice and support. We provide a free, confidential and impartial service for all parents and carers of children with additional learning needs in Pembrokeshire.
We can offer the advice, information and guidance necessary for you to make the right choices for your child from our team of Inclusion Support Workers who work directly with families, early years and school settings across the north, south and central parts of the county.
In addition an officer is in place to support the voice of the child when making decisions about their specialist provision. Support is also offered to families via a helpline or this website which provides information and advice for parents.
Services We Offer Include
- Confidential, accurate information, advice and support.
- A listening ear for families to talk things through.
- Help to gain access to a range of support services.
- Practical help in dealing with letters, filling in forms and understanding professional reports.
- Ongoing support during difficult times.
- Support to make informed decisions about school and other educational placements and provision from health, education, social services and other agencies.
- Support to maintain good working relationships with relevant professionals.
- Support in developing good working practice with parents/carers.
- To help families play an active and valued role in their child’s education and development – giving families a voice.
Your Regional Workers
South, North and Central Pembrokeshire.
- Hannah Mcdonald
- Joanna Ambrose
Your Local School Support Team
The Team Around the Pupil Parent and Setting (TAPPAS) is a group of professionals that support a cluster of schools and families of children with ALN. The team from the Inclusion Service includes an educational psychologist, specialist teachers, speech & language therapist, as well as support staff for pupils with additional needs
Click here to find out more about your local TAPPAS team.