Where to go to resolve your concerns

If you are concerned about the progress your child is making at school, you should first talk to the class teacher. If your child has additional learning needs you should also talk to your Additional Learning Needs Coordinator (ALNCo). You may also talk to the Head Teacher.

If your concerns relate to the support your child is getting, you can ask to see the school’s policy on Additional Learning Needs (ALN).

Other concerns should normally be shared with the Head Teacher.

A phone call may reassure you about an issue concerning the Local Authority. If not, then put your concerns in writing.

Many problems can be solved informally by talking to the teachers at your child’s school. Before taking further action, make sure that you have shared your concerns. For guidance on different types of concerns.

If you want independent advice you may wish to ring Carmarthenshire Parent Partnership Service ALN Family Liaison Officers (01267 246466), or SNAP Cymru 01554 777566 / 0845 120 37 30.

If you have not been able to resolve your disagreement by going through the steps outlined there is further information included in the local authority’s complaints procedures, the Independent Disagreement Resolution Service and the SEN and Disability Tribunal Wales (SENTW)

We’re here to help!

Our helpline is available Monday to
Friday between 9:00 am and 5:00 pm.
Tel: 01267 246466